Friday, 28 June 2013

We can eat pizza!

Pizza, the forbidden fruit of the wheat-intolerant.

Since cutting out wheat and gluten from my diet, the food I have struggled with most has been pizza.
As a student buying ready made pizza bases gets very expensive at around £3 for two tiny pizza's I knew I needed to find a cheaper way to get my pizza fix.
My lovely friend Jenni introduced me to this recipe and I am forever in her debt for doing so - this pizza base will change your life people!

I like mine with onion, spinach, mushroom and a whole load of cheese

Ingredients

1 cup full fat natural yoghurt/greek yoghurt
1 cup gluten free self-raising flour

*for a wheat-rich version swap gluten free s.f. flour for a plain wheat flour.

Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees

Combine the ingredients initially with a spoon.
Depending on the texture add more flour or yoghurt until the ingredients hold together in a dough.
Need the dough and roll out into your desired shape.
Place on a oiled or lined tray and cook for 8 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add your sauce and toppings of your choice then cook for a further 10 minutes or until all ingredients have cooked.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment